Consider Having Your Philatelic Work Published
by the Collectors Club of Chicago
The CCC actively solicits for publication all manuscripts reflecting original philatelic research, regardless of the subject matter, or its perceived esoteric content. An abstract of the work should be submitted to
Leonard H. Hartmann, CCC Publications Chairman
Collectors Club of Chicago
‘The Cabeen House’
1029 North Dearborn Street
Chicago, IL, 60610-2803
What the CCC Requires …
- One physical copy and one electronic copy of a completed manuscript must be submitted, preferably using Microsoft Word.
What the CCC Will Do …
- Your work would be read and reviewed by members of the CCC Publications Committee. The Committee will decide whether or not your work is a project that the CCC is willing to undertake.
- If accepted, we would prefer a finished manuscript in either InDesign or Adobe PageMaker, although Microsoft Word is acceptable, with the CCC providing the layout and pre-press formatting. The CCC would provide a formatting and style template to be used. The typeface to be used is 10 or 11-point Times New Roman, and all illustrations are to be at least of a 300dpi resolution, or greater if the image is to be enlarged.
- The finished manuscript will be peer-reviewed for accuracy of content. The author is responsible for proof reading and correcting the galley proofs.
- The CCC will provide the ISBN (International Standard Book Number), and will obtain the LCCN (Library of Congress Control Number).
- The CCC will be responsible for all forms of marketing of your work. These efforts include the distribution review copies, as well as providing complimentary copies to all major philatelic libraries in the United States, and the Library of the Royal Philatelic Society, London, as well as other international philatelic library institutions.